Season 13 was the first one since Season 1 that I got some laddering done. As I built a pretty fun team, here is a short team report.
The team was built around my favorite Pokemon: Entei!
I used these two teams as inspiration:
Unfortunately Entei is so heavily outclassed by other Pokemon, that it’s not even mentioned in the Smogon viability rankings. But I would argue that it has a unique niche with access to “Sacred Fire”. This move can not only be used to dish out good damage, but has a very nice burn rate of 50%. I liked to use it early game to get a chance to cripple opposing dynamax users and give my own sweepers an opening to set up. This was especially effective because I used a Choice Scarf, so I was able to get the burn before they could attack. Not many opponents were expecting the scarf and it was especially handy against opposing Nihilego.
I used Primarina as a focus sash lead/revenge killer. It’s mostly outclassed by Tapu Fini, but it still had some advantages:
- Not having Misty Terrain as an ability allowed Entei to burn more opponents
- It deals out more damage, especially when torrent boosted
- It has a priority move which is good for revenge killing opposing sash mons
I used Icy Wind in my games, but I think Endure is better as it allows you to stall out dynamax turns and get into torrent range.
My other Pokemon were:
- Mimikyu as late game cleaner
- Porygon as physical wall (has nice type synergy with Mimikyu)
- Rillaboom as a wallbreaker and Tapu Fini/Dracovish check
- Special defensive Thundurus as an anti Zapdos measure
Here is the Team as I used it on cart:
After reaching what I assumed to be the 1700 elo point threshold I stopped playing and made an improved version of the Team on Showdown:
After the season ended and elo was revelead it turned out that I did not even reach 1700 points, it was just 1689 points at final rank 7676
Ranking when I stopped playing: